Who Knew? A Clarification.

February 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM 6 comments

Who knew yesterday’s blog post would get people so up in arms. I received two emails from readers who seemed utterly disgusted by what I wrote, so I added a clarification to clear up any misunderstandings.

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .

A Pink Car Seat for My Son? Crazy Sh*t! I Sure Hope You Need It.

• 1. April  |  February 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Ignore them. I got a nasty email myself today–from someone who thought I was a religious idiot because I homeschool, and that I was “too cheap”… I just told them if they didn’t like it, don’t read it.

• 2. One Frugal Girl  |  February 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Thanks April. I think I was taken off guard because I had no idea that people would get so up in arms about this particular topic. Iwanted to provide a correction because my post was misconstrued, but I agree overall. If readers don’t like what they find they can certainly stop reading.

• 3. Jade  |  February 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Commenting again – I’m going to lose my “rare commentor” status. Oh well.

I reread my comment from yesterday and it was a bit snarky, so I apologize. I stand by it, though. I didn’t realize you thought people would think it was cheap, but I am wondering why you would even tell people how much it cost? If they mention it, say it had good reviews and that was the last colour left, or something.

• 4. One Frugal Girl  |  February 27, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Hi Jade – Thanks for commenting again. Actually your comment wasn’t nearly as snarky as the emails I received. I figured people would think I was cheap, because they’d know I don’t have a girl and therefore bought the pink one because it’s less expensive. After thinking it over I guess they could think it was just a hand-me-down from my brother’s youngest child or someone else I know who has a girl.

• 5. Pam  |  February 27, 2012 at 9:01 AM

You can’t worry overly much what people who don’t know you really think. My daughter’s name is Ellis (my maiden name). I can’t tell you how many doctors she surprised at well-baby checkups when they came in and took her diaper off. They assumed she was a boy based on her name. Until a child is old enough to be discernably boy or girl, people take their cues from clothing and the like. It doens’t make you a conformist or some sort of nut to want your baby’s gender ID’d correctly!

• 6. One Frugal Girl  |  February 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM

My son is all boy and in his first four months on this earth only one person referred to him as a girl. I have a couple of good friend’s whose little girls look like little boys and I know they spend a lot of time correcting people. One of them now dresses her daughter exclusively in pink and purple to avoid having to correct people. I appreciate your comment.