Underwear – I Haven’t Paid For That In Awhile

September 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM 7 comments

In the past Victoria’s Secret seemed to hold constant promotions for free panties. I conveniently stocked up each and every time a new coupon arrived in my inbox or the mail. In a year’s time I think I received at least five or six pairs. Whenever JCPenney or Macy’s sent me a coupon for $10 off a $10 purchase I’d use it to purchase underwear.

I can’t remember the last time I paid for a pair. In fact, I honestly can’t remember the last time I picked a new pair up from the store. It was probably sometime before my son was born and in a little over a month he’ll turn two!

Underwear is one of those magical garments that can make you feel sexy and spirited, but the pairs in my drawer are definitely doing little to none of that for me. I’m afraid to say my underwear is in desperate need of replacement.

So I’m in search of some new stuff and actually willing to pay a pretty price for underwear that is both sexy and comfortable. I am not willing to risk cheap panties that will bring on the wedgies.

Are you willing to pay a lot for lingerie and undergarments or is this one area of your life that you don’t care to spend money on?

Entry filed under: freebies. Tags: .

Do You Believe in Fate? My Husband is Not a Moocher

• 1. Liquid  |  September 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I buy the average kind of underwear you’d get in a Target or something. No one else sees my underwear but me so I’m all for comfort over fashion in this department :) Victoria’s Secret recently opened up a new store in my city. On opening day there was a long line up outside their building lol. There seems to be huge demand for looking good in the bedroom :D I guess sex does sell.

• 2. One Frugal Girl  |  September 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I’m less worried about what it looks like and more worried about how comfortable it is, but I agree that sex sells!

• 3. Newlyweds on a Budget  |  September 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM

so i also need to buy some underwear. i also take advantage of the free panty by victoria’s secret, but my favorite pair is one that my mom bought me from Soma. It’s called vanishing edge, and I wear it with dresses and I never get a wedgie!! It’s great for jeans too. Basically, it has like this strip of sticky stuff (like plastic material??) on the sides of the underwear so that it never slips or moves around. IT sounds weird but they’re extremely comfortable. Also a bit pricey but seriously best underwear. I plan on asking for underwear for Christmas : )

• 4. One Frugal Girl  |  September 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I checked out the Soma and LOVE what I see. Thanks for leaving the comment. I’ve never heard of that brand before.

• 5. Beatrice  |  September 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Hee hee, I used to stock up on VS underwear with those freebie coupons as well until they stopped sending them to me about a year ago. I like VS underwear but I noticed their newer inventory is not made as well and tend to wedge more. I am willing to spend a lot for a good fitting bra but not so much for underwear since you can find simple, comfortable ones at Target or Sears or wherever.

• 6. One Frugal Girl  |  September 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Oh good bras are so difficult to find. I can’t wear underwire bras, which makes it oh so much harder!

• 7. Ruby Leigh  |  October 2, 2013 at 9:14 PM

When it comes to lingerie, I’ve realized it’s worth getting something that is comfortable and flattering. That being said, I can usually find what I’m looking for at JCPenney, so I can’t really say that I spend too much.