You have built a great cleaning business, invested in the most advanced equipment and hired the most qualified team of cleaners available. Your only concern is the slow business and lack of growth in revenue. Like every other business, you need to advertise and market your business. In a world where almost half the population uses the internet in one way or the other, most businesses are starting to take online marketing seriously to grow their business and so should you.
In 2017, the internet influenced retails sales of up to $2.8 trillion and the figure will keep going higher. This goes to show just how much impact a well-crafted online marketing strategy can have on your cleaning business. Here are a few tips that will point you in the right direction and help you catch up with the competition.
Optimize your website
Before you even start running your online marketing campaign, you need to be sure that your clients can find your cleaning company. One of the most reliable and effective ways to do this is by having a thorough, simple and straightforward website.
When a client is looking for a cleaning service, you want to them to choose you and your website should make it easy for the client to make that decision. Here are a few factors any good cleaning business website should have;
- Information on the exact services that you offer (consider the type of cleaning; home or corporate, and frequency; once off or regular)
- Discuss the packages in depth. You can cover more about each package in the subpages.
- Make sure all the information on the website is accurate
- Use images to show your clients what you can do for them
- Let them know that all their transactions are safe and secure
Once you have optimized your website, you can now go full throttle on your online marketing campaign knowing that your clients will find all the information they need to hire you once they get to the website.
Make use of Social Media
Your greatest online marketing tool should be social media. There are over 3 billion social media users and the number keeps growing. Platforms like Facebook understand their value and have different features that your business could take advantage of to get noticed more easily. One such feature is the Facebook Business Page. In most cases, business owners say they’re not sure what they would post on social media platforms. Here are some great ideas that will give you some traction and help improve engagement among your followers.
- Photos – get great photos of your staff, before and after photos of places you recently cleaned (with the permission of the client of course), and even photos of your premises. Photos are a major tool for communication online and easily get a lot of attention. It is always a nice idea to make sure that you have an image in most of your posts.
- Ask questions – question-style posts are a great way to encourage users to interact with your page by responding to questions. The questions should be easy and quick to answer and not take much of your reader’s time.
- Respond to comments – the only thing social media users love more than interacting with great content is knowing that you care about them. You can show this by responding to comments. Even better, make sure you respond to the comments in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Tips – You could also share some great tips on cleaning. You don’t need to share your trade secrets but little tips that could make the life of your readers easier. You can even do better by creating demo videos on different cleaning hacks.
When setting up your social media accounts, you should have a few things in mind;
- Use a wide range of social media platforms
- Include vital information like contact information and services offered
- Expect some negative feedback and have an approach for unsatisfied customers
Once you have the business pages up and running, you can start by asking family, friends, and colleagues to like the page before you ask clients.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Image source; http://dontpunchaclock.blogspot.com/
This might be a little more complicated than running a Facebook business page but, it is worth your time and effort. Other than social media, the other avenue that potential clients can use to find your business online is by searching for it on Google.
To make the most of Google searches, a good commercial cleaning company website needs to be as close to the top of the rankings as possible. Statistics show that more than 90% of people searching on Google never advance to the page two. To get your website on the first page will take dedication and some investment but, you need to focus your efforts on the following;
- Optimize your website – start by optimizing your website for SEO. Start by making sure the website is responsive and can be used on different devices. You also need to improve the site loading speed and use quality images. When building content, make sure it is quality content that your readers would love to read and find it useful.
- Keywords – you need to rank for some of the most commonly search terms related to cleaning businesses. While the search terms are many, you need to focus your energy on ranking for those that are mostly searched. There are different tools you can use like the Google Keyword Planner to help you get the most accurate information.
- Paid ads – compared to organic listings, paid ads like Google Adwords don’t get as many clicks. However, they are a great funnel for your clients as you work on your organic listings which might take some time to take full effect.
It is practically impossible to discuss more on SEO and Google ranking without getting overly technical. However, understanding these two aspects and improving them can greatly improve your ranking and visibility online.
Get Online Reviews
Image source; https://pixabay.com/p-1977986/?no_redirect
Even when marketing your business online, you need to build trust which will make it easier to land more clients. The best way to do this is to ask for reviews from your clients. It might feel uncomfortable to ask for the reviews but most clients leave a review when requested especially when you’re friendly and they are happy with the service.
Sometimes you might get negative reviews but you can easily bounce back by responding quickly and apologizing and effectively addressing the concern. You could even earn a few more clients by how you handle negative reviews.
The immense penetration of the internet has made it easier for cleaning businesses to reach out to their target audience and grow their revenue. However, with so many options, it is easy to get confused and jump on one too many marking options which might consequently lead to your downfall. With these tips, you’re guaranteed of having improved online interaction with your clients and funnel to your website where clients can directly hire you.