I really enjoyed clearing my head in last week’s Random Thoughts on this Rainy Afternoon and thought I’d perform a similar brain dump. Here it goes…
- I currently rank fourth in the Cutting-Edge Banking Technology category of the PF Olympics. Thanks to all of you who previous voted! If you haven’t voted yet you can do so by clicking the image below. Once the screen renders just click on the ‘Vote for this article’ button on the left hand side of the page. The top three articles in each category will move onto the next round, so if you haven’t already voted please vote and give me a boost!
- I guess people don’t write letters anymore, because I went to five stores and couldn’t find any stationary worth buying. My husband and I are in the process of hand writing letters to my son and I’ve been in search of pretty paper for over a month now. Any ideas?
- On my way back from the store I was lured into buying fast food. I know shame on me. I’m trying to reduce my consumption of greasy grub, but stopping on the way home was SO easy and a coupon for a free chicken sandwich was calling to me from inside the dashboard.
- I stupidly placed my iPhone on top of the hood of my car and watched it crash to the ground a few seconds later. The car was parked on a slant and that shiny iPhone slid right off. I tried to catch it, but instead it came crashing down to the pavement. In my pre-baby life I would’ve wrapped it in scotch tape and called it a day, but with shards of glass falling out I figured I should ask Apple to fix it for me. Final cost: $30 plus $5 for an iPhone case that should prevent future breakages.
- My son has been saying ‘mama’ on a consistent basis for a few months now. He doesn’t know what it means yet but I love to watch his little mouth form as he makes the ‘m’ sound.
- BlogHer recently featured How Would You Grade Your Life on the career section of their site. I am honored to have my article selected.
- I am hosting a giveaway for a $50 Gift Certificate to NOVICA. So far I have very few entries so if you enter you have a GREAT chance of winning! I plan to host another giveaway to celebrate my upcoming 35th birthday. So stay tuned for it.
- If you are looking for new PF blogs check out Wise Bread’s Most Popular Personal Finance Blogs list One Frugal Girl is now ranked #508th. Smack dab in the middle of the pack.