My 30th birthday is right around the corner and I’ve been trying to come up with interesting ways to spend the big day. I decided not to go the frugal route on this one. My husband and I will cough up some money for a romantic sunset sail, then head out for a late dinner and maybe a sweet dessert.
Before making this decision I poked around the Internet for fun, frugal date ideas. The search for ‘frugal dates’ brought back some interesting results. The list below includes my top ten favorites:
- Curl up together in your backyard or a local park for some star-watching. In our case we could go to the Observatory to check out the stars.
- Spend the day at a park with a playground. Make a picnic lunch and play on the swings.
- Go to the local farmers market or state fair.
- Visit the zoo. Some zoos charge an entrance fee, but the zoo closest to us is free.
- Take a long bike ride and stop at a secluded location for a picnic.
- Spend a day at the beach, swimming and making sand castles.
- Attend a softball, lacrosse, or baseball game at a local college.
- Go for a hike.
- Take a long drive together.
- Take a tour of local wineries or breweries.
Entry filed under: save money. Tags: .