Easy Money Saving Suggestions
Over at Woman’s Day you’ll find Mary Hunt’s list of 17 simple ways you can save money. Here are are a few of her ideas:
- Drink water. (Stop buying juices and soft drinks.)
- Cut back on extras. (One less dinner or movie out a month.)
- Purchase generic/store brand groceries.
- Stretch out the time between haircuts.
- Do your own nails.
- Spend less on clothes.
- Adjust your cable package.
- Compare insurance plans & increase your deductibles.
My husband and I adhere to many of the suggestions on this list, but I disagree on her suggestion that you’ll save more money by purchasing generic groceries. Through a combination of coupons and sales I often spend far less on name brand personal hygiene products, cereals, pastas, etc then I ever would by purchasing generics.
Hunt also suggests saving money by:
- Refinancing your car loans.
- Refinancing your student loans.
- Reducing credit card rates.
Since my husband and I always pay off our credit card in full and don’t have student loans or car loans these tips don’t apply.
Entry filed under: save money. Tags: .