I’m not a fan of overwhelming children’s birthdays with towers of gifts. In fact, last year my husband and I purchased only one gift for my son’s birthday and two for Christmas. In lieu of gifts I typically encourage my family to contribute to my son’s 529, but I can’t force them to be practical, so this year I gave in and created an Amazon wish list.
Many of the toys on this list include warnings about small parts, but my son doesn’t put anything into his mouth these days, so I’m not worried. I also supervise him exclusively when we play with anything that might be dangerous.
Here is my list in no particular order.
- Step2 WaterWheel Activity Play Table (because my son adores water)
- Classic Doodler With 2 Stampers, Classic Blue (something to occupy him on long car rides)
- Little Helper Broom Set (because he loves to help mommy)
- Fat Brain Toys Tobbles Neo (fun building shapes)
- California Baby Bubble Bath Calendula — 13 fl oz (nontoxic bubble bath)
- Crayola Washable Watercolors 24ct Pan w/brush (for a little art time)
- Quercetti Georello Kaleido Gears, 55 pieces (for my little engineer)
- Educational Insights Design and Drill Activity Center (for my little builder)
- Battat Take Apart Crane (more toys for my little engineer)
- Battat Take Apart Airplane (more toys for my little engineer)
- VTech Kidizoom FFP Camera (for my future photographer)
- Gymnic / Rody Inflatable Hopping Horse, Lime (too work out a little energy on a rainy day)
- HexActly (more fun building toys)
- Gears! Gears! Gears!® Beginner’s Building Set (more engineering toys)
- Gears! Gears! Gears!® Motorized Spin & Glow Building Set (more engineering toys)
- Silicone Alphabet Letter Ice / Bake Tray Set (so many great uses for this)
- Night of the Moonjellies: 15th Anniversary Edition (a beloved book)
- Maxim Everearth Junior Racer (a fun little race track)
- Chicco Red Bullet Balance Training Bike (his first bike)
- KidKraft Ride Around Train Set and Table (first train set)
If you have any other great ideas please leave a comment in the form below.