I found a print version of the following list of financial fairy tale lessons in an article called fairy-tale finance by Melissa Balmain.
- Be patient while your nest egg grows — and for goodness’ sake, forget about making a killing. —The Goose that Laid the Golden Egg
- Beware of shaky real-estate investments — The Three Little Pigs
- If a get-rich-quick scheme sounds too good to be true, it probably is. — Rumpelstiltskin
- Don’t trust sweet deals if the company offering them is unfamiliar — Hansel & Gretel
- Your assets can grow dramatically if you just wait out the current economy — Sleeping Beauty
- Two words: soybean futures — Jack and the Beanstalk
- Never miss a window of opportunity. — Rapunzel