I keep a notebook of random thoughts and quotes. Here are a few that caught my eye this evening:
- Think of your life expectancy in hours rather than years.
- Waste lies not in the number of possessions, but in the failure to enjoy them.
- “He who knows he has enough is rich” – Tao Te Ching
- To be frugal means to have a high joy-to-stuff ratio. Get value from everything.
- Enjoy all the good that each moment and each thing has to offer.
- Frugality is being efficient in harvesting happiness from the world you live in.
- Spend your time well and your money will be spent well too.
- Seek to expand your life not your wallet, by living more wisely, intelligently
And my favorite:
- Live carefully and consciously.
It’s difficult to remain conscious in day-to-day activities. I strive everyday to become better at this.
1 thought on “Random Thoughts”
“To be frugal means to have a high joy-to-stuff ratio”
I think that one is really important. We very rarely but new things, but when we do, it’s stuff that we use over and over and usually enjoy a lot. It may look like we have a lot of unusual things to other people, but we have what we like to have around us