Did you set a holiday budget? Did you stick to it? I did really well this year.
- Mom’s Gift – Purchased at Macy’s using a gift card I earned for completing online surveys. I actually purchased this in August. It was marked down significantly and I used a $10 coupon I received in the mail. Final cost: $28. Original price: $85.
- Dad’s Gift – A BJ’s Membership and a $25 gift card. I earn $10 for every Groupon member that signs up and makes a purchase through this link and thanks to the generous Groupon referral program I earned enough credits to get this for free.
- Son’s Gift – A used book purchased from Amazon. It cost one cent and shipping added another $3.99. I also bought him a used Lite Brite toy from eBay. I’m not sure if he’ll have the dexterity to use this yet, but if not I’ll put it back in the box until next year.
- Niece’s Gift – $12 for a do-it-yourself craft that is currently listed on Amazon for $28 plus shipping.
- Nephew’s Gift – $15 for a game currently listed on Amazon for $25.
- Husband’s Gifts – Three main presents and one gag gift. Final cost just under $90.
- Brother – No gift. (We decided not to buy each other presents anymore.)
- Sister-In-Law #1 – No gift. (Ditto on the no gift rule.)
- Sister-In-Law #2 – Gift card (received for taking surveys), beauty products (it was actually cheaper to buy a large set and then divide the products between us.), clothes (purchased on sale).
Total amount spent. Less than $200.
We didn’t spend a lot of money on gifts but we did spend a bit on experiences for the little guy.
- $25 to see lighted displays at one location
- $10 to see different displays somewhere else.
- $20 worth of museum entrance fees.
- $8 for a gingerbread house
- Lots of time spent outdoors. Free!
3 thoughts on “A Breakdown of My Christmas Expenses”
We did a gingerbread house, too. My daughter kept eating all the candy. It looks like you did great with your Christmas budget.
No tips? We always ensure during the holidays to recognize those that work hard on a continual basis throughout the year giving us great service.
Oh tipping, yes. We do tip, not sure why I didn’t think to include that.