In honor of Blog Action Day here are a few of my favorite tips for saving money while saving the environment.
- Plant trees. For $10 you can sign up for membership to the Arbor Day Foundation. They’ll send you 10 new trees just for becoming a member.
- Rather than spending money on expensive bottled water, purchase a Nalgene bottle to transport your liquids. The bottles are reusable and recyclable.
- When printing documents for work or school use both sides of the paper or use the ‘clean’ side as scrap paper for taking notes or doodling.
- Consider purchasing eco-friendly bags for transporting groceries, and if you don’t purchase reusable bags take your plastic grocery bags back to the store for recycling. Many large supermarket chains will recycle them. Some even pay you a few cents for each bag you return.
- If you’re looking for a natural way to remove stains and debris from items within your home check out Hints From Heloise. Most of Heloise’s hints utilize earth friendly products like vinegar and baking soda. If you’re in need of cleaning or fighting a stain Google for Hints from Heloise. You’ll undoubtedly find the stain fighting ingredients for free on the Internet. Plus her remedies are much cheaper than store bought cleaners.