Saving definitely runs in my blood. I rarely purchase something just because I want it. I usually contemplate the purchase for much longer than is probably normal and more often than not I leave stores empty handed. In an average month I typically purchase only one or two unplanned items and those items are usually relatively inexpensive.
So this month I was surprised by just how many unexpected expenses popped up on my credit card bill. Here are just a few of the random items I purchased:
- 1 pair of super cute rain boots (My old one’s melted.)
- 1 pair of sneakers (I couldn’t get the mildew smell out of my old ones.)
- 1 pair of hiking boots (I’m not sure if I’ll keep these.)
- 1 gold UMD basketball t-shirt (Go TERPS!)
- $145 worth of cleaning services for $59 (The best money I’ve ever spent!)
- 1/2 price restaurant gift certificate through Groupon (Hubby and I will go out on a date.)
- 1 vegetarian roll from Harris Teeter (There aren’t a whole lot of options for sushi in NC :-))
- 1 protective iPhone cover (I kept dropping and scratching my phone.)
- 1 compost pot (To help feed my box garden.)
- 2 organic starter seed sets
I don’t regret any of these purchases. I’m unbelievably happy that I splurged on cleaning services, definitely needed a new t-shirt to cheer on the Terps and already started this year’s garden indoors. Plus every girl needs sushi every once in awhile along with a new pair of shoes.