I finished out 2019 with sixty-eight blog posts. That’s a whole lot more than I thought I would complete. It’s so many that I decided to pat myself on the back and write up a blogging recap for the year.
My goal is not to write multiple times per week or even every week for that matter. Instead I now write only when I feel inspired to do so.
So far this is working out better than I ever expected. When I feel excited by a topic the words flow so quickly that I can’t keep them at bay. I started keeping a notepad on hand to write down random thoughts that pop up in the car and my notes application running so I can jot down ideas at the gym.
So here is the entire list of posts for 2019! I’ve been blogging since 2006 and this is the first time I’ve ever attempted to create a post like this. It’s fun to see where my mind wandered this year and to visualize the entire list all in one place!
- How To Live Your Best Life Without a Lot of Money (linked from ApexMoney, Get Rich Slowly’s Spare Change, Collecting Wisdom & Tread Lightly Retire Early)
- How I Convinced Myself to Stop Buying Stuff (linked on ApexMoney & BudgetsAreSexy)
- When Rich Feels Like A Dirty Word (linked on Get Rich Slowly’s Spare Change & Physician on FIRE)
- The Option of Early Retirement (linked on ApexMoney & Financial Mechanic)
Feature in Forbes:
Linked to By Other Bloggers:
- Get Rich Slowly’s Spare Change: How to Live Simply: My Plan for Living With Less
- My Own Advisor: Money Lies, Half Truths and Financial Dishonesty
- The Frugal Engineers: Financial Favoritism: Favoring One Child Financially
- Frugal Mechanic: Know Your Worth: Value Yourself Beyond Money
- Wallet Hacks & Dollar Revolution: The Power of Human Connection (A FinCon 2019 Recap)
- Plutus & Women’s Personal Finance Roundup: Is the Pursuit of Financial Independence Inherently Selfish?
- Grumpy Rumblings: Why the FI Movement Sounds like a Multi-Level Marketing Scheme
- A Gai Shan Life: (I can’t figure out which posts Revanche chose?!?)
- Camp Fire Finance: (I can’t figure out which posts they chose?!?)
- I’m sure there are others, but I can’t seem to dig them up!!!
Received the Most Heartfelt Comments & Emails:
- Financial Favoritism: Favoring One Child Financially
- Follow Up Mammogram: An Unexpected Call Back
- Life is Fragile: Make the Most of Limited Time
- Quitting My Six Figure Job: Walking Away From a High Paying Career
The Hardest to Write:
All of the posts in the grouping above plus the following:
- Seeking Solace or Searching for Stories of Success?
- How I Failed My Husband, Our Company and Myself
- Know Your Worth: Value Yourself Beyond Money
- Am I Too Modest About My Financial Success
- Money Lies, Half-Truths and Financial Dishonesty
- What Motivates You To Save?
- Financially Free: When Money Worries Disappear
- Use ‘My Why’ to Find Your Path In Life
- Mindset, Emotions and the True Value of FU Money
- Find the Balance Between Money, Life and Time
- Why the FI Movement Sounds like a Multi-Level Marketing Scheme
- The Race for Financial Independence
- Why Wait for Retirement? Don’t Squander Your Time
- Have you Set a Date for FIRE?
- The Definition of Success
- With Intention Comes Wealth
- A Sign of Financial Independence: We Stopped Looking for Our Next Paycheck
- Don’t Let Others Discount Your Success
- Saving for a Life Full of Possibilities
- Financial Decisions: Mixing Emotions with Math
- Overcoming Financial Fears, Stress and Anxiety
- To Achieve Wealth You Have To Understand Why You Spend
- The Words of Wisdom I Wanted to Hear
- The Value of the Latte Factor – It’s Not What You Think
- Surround Yourself With the Positive
- Recapturing Joy
- Failing to Achieve the Highest Returns
- The Trouble With Net Worth Comparisons
- Applying the Principles of Meditation to Your Financial Goals
- Do You Dream About Money? What Does It Mean?
- Spend Money Without Feeling Guilty About It
- Inheritance: The Real Legacy We Leave Behind
- When Life Hangs in the Balance
- Is Medical Tourism an Unrealistic Idea
- Invisalign Reviews – Invisalign Journey: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
- Invisalign Facts and Financial Figures
- Should I Quit My Job If It Makes Me Unhappy?
- Year End Reflection: What Moment Made You Feel Most Alive?
- How to Become a Software Engineer Without a CS Degree
- Is It Time To Reassess Your Career Goals?
- Work is Not Always Fun: Stop Thinking It Should Be
- Financial Dishonesty in Marriage: Lying to Your Spouse About Money
- Financially Dependent: Do You Depend On Your Partner For Financial Support?
- How to Financially Prepare to Become a Stay At Home Parent
- Starting a New Tradition This Fourth of July
- Discussing College Costs with Your Kids
- Financial Lessons for Kids: Selling Unwanted Toys on eBay
- Teaching Children to Embrace Minimalism
- Four Reasons I Blog Anonymously
- How the Blogging Landscape Has Changed
- Are You a Member of the In Crowd?
- An Alternative Way To Spend Black Friday
- Giving Back to the Community With These Easy Actions
- Money Win: Fixing a Broken Dryer Temperature Switch
- Avoid These First-Time Homebuyer Mistakes
- Buying Books for Children: Thanks to the Rockstar Finance 2018 Community Giving Event
A big thank you to everyone who read my posts this year!