My 29 Day Giving Challenge officially ended a few days ago. I missed a few days in between but overall I managed to give a gift every day. Here is a break down of all of the gifts I gave:
- A Gift for My Husband (Night Table)
- A Book for My Mom (Chicken Soup for the Mother & Daughter Soul)
- A Gift for the Troops (Toiletry Items)
- Time with My Mom
- Donation of Sundresses and Evening Gowns
- A Cookbook for My Dad
- Dinner for My Family (Baked Ziti)
- More Time w/ My Mom
- Birthday Gifts for My Mother-in-Law
- Reusable Grocery Bags
- Two Pink, Brand-New Bridesmaid Dresses
- Time for Meditation
- A Candy Bar for a Co-Worker
- $3.50 Worth of Coupons to a Random Shopper
- Donation to the Local Fire Department
- Computer Game for My Brother (It was his birthday.)
- Anti-Nausea Wrist Bands for My Sister-in-law who is undergoing Chemo
- Mailed PaperBackSwap book via First Class Mail rather than Media Mail
- Donated Clothes to the Donation Center in North Carolina
- Spent Time w/ My In-Laws for Father’s Day
- Food for My Co-workers
- $4 Worth of Coupons to a Random Shopper and Her Husband
- Took the Broken Apple TV to the Apple Store for My Husband
- Donation to Fund a Child’s Trip to Summer Camp
- Donation to Charity to Support Cancer Research
- Gave a Homeless Man a Banana and a Cookie
- Time with my Grandmother
- Time to Reflect
I’m very glad I participated in this challenge. It was nice to spend a few minutes each day thinking about how I could help someone else. It helped me to recognize just how blessed my life is and just how much I have to give.
2 thoughts on “My 29 Day Giving Challenge Comes to an End”
Hi Frugal Girl!
My cousin’s wife was diagnosed with breat cancer, and is currently undergoing chemo before her surgery. I saw you bought your sister-in-law anti-nausea bracelets. Where did you find them, and can you recommend any other types of gifts or spirit-lifting things I can send to her? I’m at a loss.
Your challenge sounds amazing. Congratulations! You are definitely an inspiriation.
The bracelets are called PSI Bands and you can find them at Drugstore.com.