The year is coming to a close, which means it’s time for my annual blogging recap!
Last week I wrote a year-end reflection for 2021, which focused on life changes and circumstances. This post will highlight my blogging journey as it rolled into its sixteenth year!
Highlights from 2021
Excuse me, hold the phone, wait, what? I’ve admired J.D.’s work on Get Rich Slowly and More Than Money for over a decade, and I can’t tell you how much those words mean to me.
Curation Sites and Link Backs
Posts from One Frugal Girl showed up on numerous curation sites this year and many other blogs I admire. Thank you to anyone and everyone who shared my content!
Here are the ones I can remember. Please let me know if you linked to one of my posts and don’t see your name in the list below.
- All-Star Money
- Apex Money
- Women’s Personal Finance
- Physician on FIRE
- Accidental FIRE
- Camp Fire Finance
- Personal Finance Blogs
- A Gai Shan Life
- Financial Success M.D.
- Passive Income M.D.
- Dyer News
- Tread Lightly Retire Early
- Financial Pilgrimage
- 39 Months
- Accidentally Retired (including FIRE Insights)
Thanks to those who consistently share my posts on Twitter too!
Joining a Mastermind Group
In 2021 I signed up for two mastermind groups to talk about blogging. It’s been fun to join an online community where I can share ideas and learn from fellow bloggers.
Along the way, I met
- Maria from Handful of Thoughts
- Michael from Winning to Wealth
- Alyce from Alyce Jane
- Sam from GovernmentWorkerFI
- Melody, formerly of CashForTacos
- Forrest from Don’t Work Another Day
I also reconnected with Mr. Jamie Griffin, who I met at Fincon 2019.
Posts in Chronological Order
All in all, it’s been a great year for blogging, and most importantly, I’m proud of the content I produced. Without further ado, here are my posts in chronological order:
- How Long Should I Keep Medical Records?
- Invest in Yourself With These Steps to Self Improvement
- Frugal Homeschooling: Easy Ways to Save
- How to Get Motivated to Clean and Declutter
- Be True to Yourself: Learn to Appreciate The Real You
- Stealth Wealth: The Secret Lives of Millionaires
- An Instruction Manual for Generational Wealth
- Financial Compatibility: Balancing Money And Love
- How Do You Define Success?
- Living Below Your Means: The First Step to Wealth
- Letting Go of Childhood Toys and Memorabilia
- Signs You Bought The Wrong House
- How to Believe In Yourself
- Buying a House In Your 20s: Is it a Good Idea?
- I Want to Be a Stay-At-Home Mom: Should I Quit My Job?
- Making a Cash Offer on a House Without Contingencies
- Living Stingy: The Dark Side of Saving Too Much
- Remove Money Blocks to Achieve Your Financial Goals
- Be Intentional and Live Life With Fewer Regrets
- A Letter to My Future Self: Will I Be Happy?
- Buying a House in 2021
- Appreciation for All That We Own
- Time Freedom: Choosing How to Spend Your Time
- Negotiating Closing Costs: The Easiest Ways to Save
- The Unexpected Costs of Buying and Selling a Home
- Managing and Protecting My Elderly Parents’ Finances
- How to Make the Most of Your Time and Money
- What Do I Need?
- Financial Inequality and Money Imbalance in Relationships
- What is a Beater Car? Should You Buy One?
- Saving Money in a Jar: Ideas and Challenges to Save
- What is Fun Money and How Much Do We Need?
- Stay At Home Mom Jobs: Scams, Lies, and MLMs
- Did Limiting Beliefs About Money Make Me a Millionaire?
- How to Spend Money on Yourself Without Feeling Guilty
- Frugal Paragon: A Model for Joyful Saving
- Do You Have Too Much Stuff and Not Enough Space?
- Choose to Be Grateful
- New Month, New Goals: Building on Incremental Success
- 45 Minimalist Christmas Gifts (All Clutter-Free)
- Year End Reflection: 2021
- Do You Have a Fear of Being Ordinary?
- Appreciate What You Have While You Have It
Thank you to everyone who shared my posts, left comments, or emailed me this year. I look forward to writing more in 2022 and hearing your feedback. Also, please let me know if there are any new topics you’d like me to write about in the upcoming year.